Please be advised that the upgrade construction of the Garsfontein Security access gate will resume on Monday the 17th of October 2022 at 09h00. The resumption date of the St. Bernard’s upgrade will be communicated to you in due course. It is important to take note of the following:
- Construction of the gate entails the full renovation of the Security Guard house which includes removing and breaking down of the roof. The entire guard room will be under construction and Security Officers are housed in the temporary guard houses placed on the inside of the current guard house.
- Construction will resume daily at 09h00 and will stop around 15h00. Traffic peak times will not be affected. The gate will function fully during traffic peak times.
- During construction, there will be at least one fully functional traffic lane for entry and egress to and from the estate. The closure of the lanes will have an effect on the normal traffic flow and residents who choose to do so may use the alternative gates for access and egress, but this will also then impact traffic flow at the remaining two access gates.
- Security will in no way be compromised during time of construction but delays in the treatment of visitors might be experienced as both residents and visitors will be treated in one lane, thus when entering from the Garsfontein gate, please expect delays or use alternative access points.
- Pedestrians will have access through the turnstiles.
- During a critical time of construction of the roof replacement and installation of the steel beams, the gate will be closed for 3 days in its entirety due to health and safety reasons. The planned date of closure is Monday 7 to 10 November and will reopen on 11 November. This date might change and residents will be informed should the date change.
- Construction of the St. Bernard gate will resume during construction of the Garsfontein gate and construction of both gates will run concurrently. There will therefore be a period when both gates will be under construction but prior communication and exact dates will be communicated in due course.
- Residents are requested to direct their visitors to either the St. Bernard’s gate or contractors gate during 09h00 to 15h00 to ease traffic flow at the Garsfontein gate and allow traffic flow as rapidly as possible. However, no person will be denied at the gate at the time of visit. We simply plead for your patience as prompt service will be affected.
We trust that this project will run smoothly and the outcome will be great. Please be patient with Security officers at the gate as they will assist everybody as quickly and effectively as humanly possible.